Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Out in Blue -Review-

Out In Blue by Sarah Gilman is a story about a Wren an archangel hunted by humanity and Ginger his savior and a human.  The story line in this book had a lot of potential However, the author wanted to make it more than one book and didn't have the space or the time. At least that is the conclusion I came too.  While the first half of the book was really good the second half was overly rushed. 

This is a disappointment since I saw so much potential from the story.  An archangel out on his own fleeing from persecution and betrayal of those he should have been able to trust.  A young woman willing to risk it all to save him even if that means giving up the life she had come to know.  However, the reality did not meet with my expectations.  There was a lot of time jumping done in the last half of the book and while it did tie everything up to a satisfying conclusion there was a lot left unexplained. 

I also had issues with the villain.  Even though there was a good explanation it seemed much too farfetched for me.  I foresee a lot of good stories coming from Sarah Gilman; this was just not one of them at least in my opinion. 

Upsides

The story had a lot of potential and a great premise
 Most of the characters are believable and you can connect to them
You could connect with the love story

Down sides:

Time jumping
Rushed ending
Unfinished ending
issues with the villain

Conclusion: I would not read this book again, but I am willing to give the author another shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment